June 10, 2007

Dear You

Nostalgia and I don't get along. He pours salt on a wound I'd much rather forget, and so I am sitting here thinking about You when I should be doing something productive. Funny isn't, how You and I never get anything productive done. There's always another day, another tomorrow, and then you turn around and see the hourglass, with each grain trickling down to join the ever-growing sand dune at the bottom.

So I had a brilliant idea. Instead of playing this game of Cat and Mouse, which we are such experts at, we can finally put some use to the nonsensical metaphors and obtuse obscurity. And write a book.

How to Scare the Shit Out of Everyone By Writing About Your Crazy Psychotic Dreams: For Dummies

How to Elongate a Simple 'That Bitch Broke My Heart' into Thirteen Lines: For Dummies

How to Use Every Possible Synonym for Red to Describe 'Blood': For Dummies

How to Profess Your Misery Into Obscure Poetry : For Dummies

How to Write to An Undefined 'You' For the Sake of Anonymity: For Dummies

and finally

How to Dissect Every Word and Line in Hopes of Finding a Hidden Meaning: For You.


No comments: