January 22, 2008

PostMortem

It's all over the news. Heath Ledger is dead.

I have never watched his movies, so I can't say I am a fan of his. But once again, I am amazed by the insensitivity of our species.

For goodness sakes, a human being has just died! Even if you believe filming Brokeback Mountain defied God's will or whatnot, this man was just as human as anyone you talked to today! I don't care if you think the media is wasting its resources focusing on his death while hundreds of other problems are happening in the world. Show a little respect and save your opinions for another day. We put these celebrities on a pedestal so high above ourselves that we completely forget they are just as human as any one of us. This person has left behind many people who love him and will miss him. Think about that young daughter of his who will never grow up to know her father. Show sensitivity to their grief and stop judging his decision to take on less conventional Hollywood roles.

There. That was my rant for the day. Rest In Peace.

No comments: