April 1, 2009

asdflkjsa;lfjs@&^#(&@

bad news.

normally, my middle-class family would be able to qualify for at least a small sum of financial aid. however...

last year, my father earned a good sum of money from investment in the stock market. all was fine and dandy until the stock market crashed late last year.

so where does that leave me? our family lost a good deal of money, and now my father says i won't be able to qualify for financial aid because the tax forms will only show that our 2008 income was very high, despite the fact that eventually we ended up losing it all anyway.

at the moment, my parents are discussing how to pay for my college tuition. they are aware that i prefer Duke over Cal. However, if I go to Duke, I will more than likely have to take student loans.

while my parents are currently discussing financial affairs i do not understand, instead of doing chem homework, i am trying to think of ways to get money.

- scholarships... but i don't know if i can find any good ones at this point in the year
- get a job... which may be difficult considering the unemployment rate
- the only useful talent i have is writing. maybe i can win some contest somewhere.
- sell my car
- eat only two meals a day

... WHY AM I SO INCREDIBLY LUCKY TO GET TO APPLY FOR COLLEGES THE YEAR WHEN THE ECONOMY IS SINKING LIKE POOP IN A TOILET AND THE APPLICANT POOL IS THE LARGEST IN HISTORY??????

fml.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.