July 12, 2010

Recurrence

I keep having the same dreams every night. The class is always different, but the premise is always the same: I waste my time and don't study for an upcoming exam. Right before I wake up, I check my exam score and recoil in horror when I see how badly I flunked.

I am not even joking when I say that I studied for organic chemistry 24/7 earlier this summer. Though I usually gave myself an hour or so to check e-mail and read my daily blogroll, pretty much every waking moment I was reading my textbook or doing problems or sitting in class or doing experiments in lab. In the end, my efforts paid off -- I received the best score I've ever received on a science final since I've been at Duke, which was nearly fifty points above the average and only six points below the highest score, bringing up both my grade and my GPA. Now that I'm at home with no obligation to study, I'm stricken with guilt for not busying myself to death.

... sigh.

//edit//

Not even joking. It happened AGAIN LAST NIGHT. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME??

And on top of that, at some point in my dream my parents forced me into an arranged marriage with a certain someone. I think these ridiculous dreams is my brain's way of entertaining itself in an attempt to balance out how incredibly boring my life is.

No comments: