November 28, 2009

Bane of My Existence

"Part of the art of mathematics lies in pausing for a moment to find an elegant way to solve a problem rather than rushing in headlong with brute force methods."
-- From my calculus book

pause.

AGHH.

---------------
Plug
I just had to share that I've been distracted from my studying for the last hour thanks to this site:

http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/

This is the first time I've had some good laughs from reading other people's writing. I always respect these kind of cynically funny writers, because every time I try to write posts in that style, I tend to lose patience or sound painfully disillusioned.

2 comments:

Cereus said...

hahaha. Before every test my teacher makes us sign this short contract and part of it says "If I find myself pursuing an algebraic nightmare to solve a problem, then I will stop and rethink the problem." lol, it just makes me feel dumb.

Astrid said...

If you like celebuzz, I recommend The Superficial (and its brother site, Geekologie).