December 9, 2009

Above the Clouds

She lives in a fairy tale
Somewhere too far for us to find
Forgotten the taste and smell
Of the world that she's left behind
It's all about the exposure the lens I told her
The angels were all wrong now
She's ripping wings off of butterflies
...
Her prince finally came to save her
And the rest you can figure out
But it was a trick
And the clock struck 12
Well make sure to build your house brick by boring brick
or the wolves gonna blow it down
-- "Brick by Boring Brick" by Paramore

Perhaps the best (or worst)
thing about being buried alive is that the last thing on your mind is whether or not you're going to die an old maid.

I'm in my room sitting in a daze like a natural disaster survivor. I was planning to write something witty or cool but I can't shake off the nagging voice in my head telling me I should start writing my final paper and chemistry had such a pleasant morning sipping my brain juices like a zombified Edward Cullen and so my work ethic has completely gone kaput.

Adieu, adieu.

No comments: