December 7, 2010

R.I.P.

One thing that struck me about Elizabeth Edwards was that she gave up her law career to support her husband's. She was always by his side whenever he ran his political campaigns, even when she was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer.

And then it turned out that John Edwards had been having an affair (and tried to excuse it by saying it had happened when her cancer was in remission), and that he had fathered a child with another woman. And that this would essentially ruin his political career indefinitely.

And here I am, stressing and freaking out about the approaching finals week. With all the pressure to score well and get into good graduate/professional schools, it's so difficult to grasp the idea of giving up all of that work, all of that effort for that one person... who happened to be a complete jerk wad. I can't even imagine how I would have felt, but she lived through it.

Rest in peace.

No comments: