July 27, 2012

Obscenity



Well, shit.

Do you know how many fucking times I’ve been refreshing my account, trying to see if you’ve responded?

I don’t know how I could be so delusional. You know, I really believed it. I really thought you were going to be different from the rest. I don’t even know where this idiocy originated from, but it swallowed me before I could even put up a fight. At dinner that night, I couldn’t stop looking at you. All I could think about was how I wished this moment would never end, because I knew that whatever I was feeling right then and there could be trampled in the next moment. A fragile hope, with the quivering wings of a butterfly newly emerged from the chrysalis. What was the statistical probability that we would be something rather than nothing? There was little doubt that the odds were negative, but in spite of that, I fell for you at the pace of a meteorite. And now here I am, listening to 2NE1 (girl power, man-hatin' and all that jazz) over and over again. Floating in the midst of the lyrical stream of syllables I do not understand, the three words of the title track resound over and over again like an obscenity. I love you. I love you. I love you.

No comments: