July 12, 2012

Room for Happiness


Sometimes I wish I never felt the influence of you
Cause now I feel the disconnect, like an open wound
Where you once were, there is a space that runs as deep as hell
But every morning when I wake I tell myself
Don’t be fooled by your emptiness,
There’s so much more room for happiness
Don’t be fooled by your emptiness,
There’s so much more room for happiness
Yeah, yeah, yeah


"Sometimes it’s worse to have lost than to have never had at all," the voice on the radio whispers. "'Cause it’s a curse to feel loved then to feel it all dissolved."

She is Psyche in withdrawal -- aching, hallucinations, skin cold as glazed marble. Try to remember how Love feels. The thought flashes through her core with the darting lick of a flame, only to dissipate as suddenly as it came. There is no oxygen in here.
Memories of the skin -- a hand gliding across the back, a kiss fluttering on the collar bone -- cannot recapture heat lost. All that is left are the parts of him still embedded in her soul, stinging with the coldness of the night.

"Room for Happiness" by Kaskade feat. Skylar Grey

No comments: