August 11, 2013

Unravel, Redux


I found this cover of Unravel yesterday, and I was listening to it while I was reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Normally I haven't fancied the Bjork covers I've listened to--the only exception I can think of off the top of my head is Further Seems Forever's cover of "Pagan Poetry." But I've actually gotten pretty fond of this one. It captures the flavor of the original pretty well.

I've already posted the lyrics to this song before. I don't know if "Unravel" is my favorite song, but it definitely has my favorite lyrics. I'll post it again, because somehow it really connected with me as I was reading the story of Akiva and Madrigal today.

while you are away
my heart comes undone
slowly unravels
in a ball of yarn
the devil collects it
with a grin
our love
in a ball of yarn

he'll never return it

so when you come back
we'll have to make new love 
 

No comments: