September 11, 2009

The Pane of Glass

Some days, the rain falls. Trickling down the pane of glass between me and You, a modern-day Pyramus and Thisbe. I can hear your candy-coated words, strung together like a caressing noose of promises -- but I can't see it. I can't feel it. I can press my lips to the wall between us, but all I taste are the saline beads of water streaming down down down, and I can't help but wonder if those are tears trickling down your face, or if I'm just licking away my own sorrow from the glass again.

---------------------------
"I Wrote This For You" is holding a caption contest for the above picture. Photo credit goes to Jon Ellis. All inspiration credit belongs to Iain Thomas and his phenomenally ethereal writing.

2 comments:

graydyl said...

*like* (ah how fb is taking over our lives :p)

Good Luck with the contest!

Ari said...

beautiful <3