August 18, 2014

Fall For Your Type, Remix

I know I've already posted the lyrics for two Angel Haze songs, but I am addicted to her stuff right now. She has some interesting remix covers of songs from all other genres (e.g. Castle on a Cloud, Same Love, Summertime Sadness, etc.) but what I really like about her are her lyrics. She chooses some really interesting words and phrases for her rhymes.

(Also, I personally think her flow is better than Iggy Azalea's...)

Below are the lyrics for her version of "Fall For Your Type," the Jamie Foxx/Drake song I've posted about before on this blog. I find her lyrics sooooooo much more interesting than Drake's for this song. 
---------------
 
you are an ocean's breeze, i am the tidal wave.
you are every paragraph, i am just a title page.
you have the heart i hold exactly where you desire it.
it's all so effortless, like what you did to acquire it.
each time i find it harder just to keep my composure.
i'm trying to show you all of me like indecent exposure.
i'll be the gun, you be my holster.
i need your love. i need you closer.

seems like forever when only an hour's passed.
we fallin' slower than grains of salt in an hourglass.
emotions running wild, you are who tames them.
my only means for tranquility; you my sanctum.
and if i could, i'd take your eyes and blend them in with the stars
so whenever we ain't together, i still see them from afar.
but that's insane, i'd do whatever to just to feel you.
even all of that don't come close to what i will do.
they say love holds the power to
fulfill you, heal you, kill you, hurt and abuse you
take away from you used to
i try to paint a picture like a canvas plane
to try to put words together like a Scrabble game.

i said i wouldn't stop until i said what i needed to, right?
alright, let's go.

look, i pour my heart out in an effort just to win you
and modify my actions solely so they won't offend you.
i mean, i would wrestle time even if it get rewinded.
everything you looking for in me is where you find it.
so you can stop your searching, baby.
i know you hurting, baby.
your self-esteem so low sometimes that you feel worthless, baby.
okay. you hide it well, but you know i can tell.
i see right through that bullshit that you be tryin' to sell.

so let it drop, let it fall, let it blow with the wind.
i told you once, told you twice, and imma tell you once again
that i'll be here. yes, i'll be here.
and if love is blind then my mental's clear.
and all we have is time and good intentions.
fuck your brake, fuck your suspension.
put your foot on that gas until you don't see your past.
yeah, i said drive until your vision blurred.
and let my voice tell our story; spoken words.

fuck 'em. let them hate me where they never was.
and fucking Shakespeare couldn't have wrote a better love.
but people tell me that i'm trippin' and i say you different.
and when they ask me how
i can't provide a description; you don't need one.
i will disconnect them all, like a broken joint.
just to prove i only see you like a focal point.
i know that distances may cause some complications.
but you make me feel good, fucked up, exonerated.

still, i wonder what you like beneath the shackles that you wearing.
i been longing to release you from a load that's overbearing.
tell me, are you protected by a guard, boo?
or could i blow and make it fall like cards do?
and i ain't interested 'til it involves you.
you got your doors locked and i just saw through.
you reached a height of loneliness 'cause we all do,
but everything that goes up gotta fall too.

No comments: