November 8, 2008

Avarice

In the past, if someone asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I wouldn't know how to respond. Basically, the things I wanted could not be simply wrapped in paper and handed over to me with a big bow on top.

So why -- when our economy is going down the drain and my looming college years are poised to suck thousands of dollars away -- do I suddenly find myself wanting tangiable THINGS??


1. Guitar Hero World Tour -- You can ask anyone in my family. I've been dropping hints about this game like none other.

Brother: For the Leland Bridge performance, I don't know if we can find somebody who will sing Hotel California, since my friend chickened out and doesn't want to do it anymore.
Me: Well, if you buy *GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR*, you can sing Hotel California and practice the vocals every day!!
Brother: .....


2. Decent MP3 Player -- You know, I don't even care what brand it is, as long as it holds over 1GB and won't break on me after three months.

Here's Sophelia's sad heartbreaking story. In middle school, she carried around a clunky pearly white MP3 that only held 128 MB, which is approximately thirty songs. Then in ninth grade, her kind relatives in Taiwan bought her an iPod shuffle that held 512 MB -- the skinny white shuffle, not the new fruity colored ones that are like the size of my eyeball. She used this MP3 until the end of junior year, when her father bought her a small, magenta 1GB Sansa for approximately ten dollars. Unfortunately, the MP3 player broke in less than three months. Thus, Sophelia was reduced to uploading music onto her cell phone, but once again, disaster struck. The only compatible her cell phone broke, and furthermore, she soon learned that listening to music on her cell phone would drain the battery like a vampire.


And thus, may we present a rare specimen: a teenager with no working portable music player.

No flash photography please.

3. White Vans Slip-ons: Why in the world do I want such impractical shoes?? The canvas rips in about a year, and they're WHITE, for goodness sakes! They'll turn brown and black in less than a month!

Well...

MINE!!!

Curse my fangirlism.

1 comment:

Ari said...

hahaha, oh my gosh you poor music-less girl!! :(

and those are some sickass shoesss >:)