July 21, 2009

Snapshot 6 - Metamorphosis

A part of me is misanthropic.

Don't get me wrong. I love my groupmates and my students and the people who take care of us here. But there are times when I just want to get away from everyone.

This school is very nice -- I would say it's even better than my high school. Like a cat, I've been spending the afternoons finding different places to sit by myself with my mp3 player. Last time, I sat for over an hour on this ledge that faces the lake across the street from the school. I sat there with my legs dangling over the ledge, earbuds in my ears, singing along with my music without even caring that the occasional passersby were staring or walking by a little faster than before.

I do a lot of thinking when I sit there. I take the time to recollect my thoughts as I watch the sun begin to set on the other side of the lake. I've been asking myself the same questions for so long, but it seems like the answers are finally coming.

No comments: