September 11, 2010

Le Troisième Jour

Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.

"A girl's love does not start with the Porsche he drives or the Armani clothes that he wears but when that person shows her his pitiful side for the first time." -- from Mana by Vin Lee

01. Be the one to start the conversation when we're starting to know each other, because I'll be too socially awkward and shy to do it first.

02.
Laugh at my jokes even if they're lame and make me laugh in return. Have a wacky sense of humor and enough disregard for how cool/stupid you look so that you'll be my willing partner in crime for whatever ridiculous idea I come up with next.

03. When we pass by somebody who needs help, you stop to help without hesitation -- even if you've never met her before in your life.

04. In the awkward phase when we've already met but aren't really friends yet, you aren't shy about making eye contact and saying hello, rather than looking straight ahead and pretending not to see me.

05. When I'm playing with kids, don't call me childish when my maturity level sinks down to their level -- you join right in and act like a kid yourself.

06. You've got a smile imprinted in my mind like flash photography.


07. You seem to instinctively know exactly the right things to do when I'm feeling down.

08. You e
ncourage my writing. Period.

No comments: