March 27, 2008

Slideshow

How sad. I was hoping to write every day, but I don't feel creative at all. I've spent every evening shut up in my room taking notes for biology, and I have been purposely avoiding writing EP. Why? Because it's a train wreck right now, and I don't feel like cleaning it up just yet.

It's been a very up-and-down spring break. I now present a pictoral guide.


I would rather not go into too much detail about what happened, but my mother suggested I should try to lose all the weight I gained during the tennis off-season, and I agreed. Thus I voluntarily subjected myself to near starvation by subsisting on broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, tofu, strawberries, apples, kiwis, oranges, bananas, and USANA bars and shakes for five days. High glycemic foods such as bread, pasta, and rice were off-limits. Thus I spent about three/four days in an Oscar mood, hallucinating mountains of white rice and chateaus of bread.


With all the pressure, I cracked. I felt like I had too many things to do with hardly any time to do it all. There were also a lot of things that factored up to this point, but by Monday night, I just broke down. It had been awhile since I reached that point of depression - this year, I made a conscious effort of keeping myself positive - so I guess it was about time I had to relieve the tension.
I have spent every day this week at my piano teacher's house playing for at least three hours per day. I think it was a good way to clear the tension, because there was only one thing I could focus on: the music. Obvoiusly, most of the problems have not gone away, but I don't think I am quite so depressed anymore. When Eric (the hairstylist) asked me why I was so tired if I went to sleep so early, I said I felt depressed and went straight to bed, which he responded with, "Depressed?! You're only sixteen!"

Yes, I am melodramatic. And I'm in a pretty decent mood right now, so I don't think I'll write about the bloody dream I had just yet. I'll be happy. I promise.


Ciao, darling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh ma gah, I can't even get onto PIV! The suspense is killing me. I am slowly poisoning my math grade, bio's in the dumps, and I don't even wanna think about what my english grade is gonna look like after break (I now officially hate that Kennan guy).

And piano (shudder), thanks for giving me that wonderful reminder. I'm gonna fail CM too, since I've barely practiced.

Hehe, there was a time long ago when my mom tried to make me diet as well. Then she realized that my grades went down after I stopped eating junk food. Now she encourages me to eat as much as possible (it's kind of sad, seeing how things have come to this T__T).