April 21, 2008

17 Candles


We really are too similar, you and I. Circling like two panthers, waiting for the other to make the first move. What was the other analogy I once used? Right. Two solitary kings in a stalemate.

So you truly want to learn more? I shall oblige, but if the silence stays, I cannot keep waiting.

  1. I was almost named Cassandra by my godmother.
  2. My eyes turn a golden brown color in the face of the sun.
  3. The silver chain almost never leaves my neck.
  4. My childhood favorite was a stuffed clouded leopard kitten named Momo.
  5. I absolutely detest nail polish with an absurdly fiery passion.
  6. Ever since I picked up the garden hose and squished the idiot slug resting on the hose, I have stayed away from slugs ever since.
  7. I am the type of person who will "rescue" a spider by releasing it into the yard, rather than skooshing it with tissue paper like an unfazed housewife.
  8. I am a prude who disliked the Little Mermaid and Jasmine when I was young because they were half-naked above the waist. This is the same prude who never has and never will wear a two-piece bathing suit because she is too self-conscious.
  9. I like browsing through pictures of ball-joint dolls. People find them creepy but they're just jealous they will never be as pretty.
  10. I possess the incredibly useless talent of having a good memory for birthdays.
  11. I was obsessed with Sailor Moon from preschool to first grade, until C remarked one day, "Geez, why are you so crazy about Sailor Moon?" and effectively burst my bubble.
  12. Reading Wasteland by Francesca Lia Block was the turning point of my writing style. Reading Ariel by Sylvia Plath was the turning point of my experimentation with minimalism.
  13. Orchids are my favorite flowers.
  14. I dislike cake, whipped cream, cream puffs, chocolate ice cream, and tea. I love anything spicy.
  15. I refused to get my hair cut shorter than shoulder-length when I was young. (Funny how things change.)
  16. If I could change one physical feature of myself, I would change my voice.
  17. For the first time in my existence, I have a birthday wish.

"Folding
The sun is turning inside-out of the universe so
Cupid, Cupid
Please aim your arrow at my sleeping flower
One time
Cupid, Cupid

I can't keep waiting for you
I can't keep expecting you"

-- "Cupid" by OLIVIA

4 comments:

Monsieur Yin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monsieur Yin said...

I had bad grammar the last time so I'm going to try again.
__________________________
You are a strange person, but I suppose we all have our eccentricities (though some have more than others).

Anonymous said...

arg. you seem to not have gotten it. the poem was about you.

- said...

i woke up one time with a weird looking bug on my bed (I believe it's called a 'silverfish'), and as far as I knew they were pretty harmless as bugs go, such i just flicked it into a corner and forgot about it haha.

as for spiders, i was at my cousins' one time, and i was watching tv with them and i found a nickel-sized spider on my leg, so i freaked the hell out. then my cousin picked it up with is hands and put it behind the tv LOL. i didn't feel a bite, but i had an itchy welt there later.

heh where i come from, you have to worry about scorpions. you seriously don't want to tangle with those bastards